Rathkeale Online

sheltered
 


About

Rathkeale Sheltered Housing Association Ltd was founded in 1992 evolving from Rathkeale Community Council & Social Services. The aim is to provide sheltered housing in a safe environment for people unable or in fear of living on their own, mainly in isolated, rural areas. We also accommodate in association with the Mulranny Project a percentage of Irish people living in Britain who wish to return to Ireland.

We have a caretaker. The first phase of housing 'Court Villas' consists of 13 units of accommodation and a communal facility which was officially opened by the then President Mary Robinson on 25 June 1996. This site was donated by Miriam and the late Patrick Johnson Courtmatrix.

The second phase of housing - "Chestnut Grove" consists of 6 units of accommodations, a communal area which includes a completely fitted kitchen which is also used by Meals on Wheels. These houses were built on the site of the old creamery, established by local farmers in 1895. It had been acquired by Rathkeale Community Council and transferred to Rathkeale Sheltered Housing. The official opening by President Mary McAleese took place on 28th February 2005.

There are 2 units of accommodation in Boherbuoy and we also have a house on Thomas Street.

Funding for all these projects was made available by the Department of the Environment through Limerick County Council. Grant aid was acquired through West Limerick Resources for the kitchen at "Chestnut Grove".


Application Form

You can pick up an application from John Dinnage at Dinnage Mens and Children's Wear, Rathkeale, Co. Limerick, Or download here and post application in to the same address.


Committee

Chairperson: Joe Dunleavy

Secretary: Breid Guinane

Treasurer: John Dinnage

Committee: John Griffin, Alan Johnson, Peter Donovan, Anne Gaughan and Fr. A Cullinan,

 

Copyright of Rathkeale St Patricks Day Committee